See Our Sacramento Chiropractor for Neck Pain Treatment
If you’ve had neck pain; you know it is not fun. Whether it is caused by sleeping the wrong way, a long day at your office desk, or an accident or trauma, there is nothing that will ruin a day faster than a sore neck. If you are experiencing neck pain, there are a couple of things you can try to temporarily help relieve your neck pain, but it is crucial to know when you need to seek professional attention from a chiropractor to cure neck pain for good.
What Causes Neck Pain?
Neck pain is one of the main reasons people seek chiropractic care. There are a variety of reasons for pain in the neck area. Here are a few of the most common neck pain issues we see in our Sacramento office:
- Whiplash – One of the most common neck injuries, whiplash, occurs when a sudden neck jolt tears the tendons and ligaments surrounding the neck area. This is most often caused by auto accidents.
- Pinched Nerve – The neck is comprised of vertebrae with nerves and discs in between to provide a soft cushion between each. A pinched nerve happens when one or more of the neck vertebra are misaligned. The nerves between the vertebrae get pinched (or crowded) which causes neck pain to occur. There are a variety of reasons why the vertebrae shift out of alignment. Here are a few:
Causes of Misaligned Vertebrae
- Trauma or injury from a fall or auto accident
- Poor posture such as sitting hunched over a desk all day
- Awkward position of the neck for extended amount of time
- Stomach sleeping or inadequate pillow support
When Should You Seek Chiropractic Care for Your Neck Pain?
Our Sacramento chiropractor, Dr. Gregg Anderson, D.C. specializes in treatment for neck pain. A thorough examination will give insight to the reason for the neck pain and our chiropractor will check to see your range of motion in the neck and look for soreness, numbness, and tingling in your hands or arms. He will come up with a specific chiropractic treatment plan that may include adjustments and neck exercises may be prescribed.
See a Chiropractor for Neck Pain When…
- Neck pain or stiffness shows no improvement after a couple of days
- Your neck pain seems to be worse in the morning
- You are constantly using over-the-counter pain medications for neck pain
- The neck pain has evolved to include numbness or tingling in your hands
- You experience severe pain when you turn to the right or left
- Your neck pain began after you were involved in a car accident
Dr. Gregg Anderson, D.C. has been practicing chiropractic care in the Arden-Arcade area of Sacramento since 1996 and has treated thousands of patients with neck pain. Our office is well-equipped with many strategies for helping patients get and stay healthy. With Dr. Anderson’s many solid years of experience, painful neck problems are handled very efficiently and effectively.
Stop suffering from neck pain today! It’s easy to schedule an appointment at our Sacramento office. Give us a call at (916) 485-5433.