After a car accident, injuries like fractures and bruises may be too obvious, but you may also experience severe yet subtle symptoms like headaches. Head pain may be mild or severe, depending on the accident's impact. Thankfully, you can find relief from a chiropractor if you have post-accident headaches. Are you suffering from headaches after an auto accident in Sacramento, CA? Please book an appointment with Anderson Chiropractic Clinic for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Why Car Accidents Cause Headaches
There are many reasons why you may be suffering from a headache after an auto accident. However, the most common causes of headaches we see at our clinic include:
- Whiplash injury: The impact of a car accident may cause your head to snap back and forth, damaging your neck's ligaments and tendons. While neck pain and stiffness are the classic symptoms of whiplash, headaches, and dizziness are also common.
- Blow to your head: Due to the sudden change of direction, your head may bump into the window, car seat, steering wheel, and other objects, resulting in headaches.
- Concussion: When there is an impact to the head that causes your brain to shake violently, you may suffer a concussion that leads to headaches. The other symptoms of concussions include dizziness, memory issues, balance loss, and blurred vision.
- Pinched nerve: The accident's impact may compress nerves in the upper neck, resulting in head pain, weakness, tingling, and numbness.
- Muscle spasms: During an accident, muscles in the upper back, head, or neck can be strained, resulting in pain, stiffness, and tenderness.
When you have headaches, don't "tough it out" and wait for symptoms to fade away. Also, don't use medications longer than recommended because they just mask your symptoms without addressing the root cause. The best course of action is to book an appointment with a chiropractor for pain relief.
Chiropractic Care for Headaches
If you have a minor or severe accident, you need professional care. After diagnosing the root cause of your headaches, we administer spinal manipulation to reposition your misaligned spinal joints. This action lifts pressure off the nervous system, leading to better pain management.
The other treatments we may use to treat headaches include:
- Hands-on adjustments to alleviate muscle tension and inflammation
- Nutritional counseling to speed up healing and reduce inflammation
- Spinal decompression to release pinched nerves
Visit Our Chiropractor for Natural Pain Relief in Sacramento, CA
Are you experiencing headaches or migraines after a car accident in Sacramento, CA? You need to take action right away before the situation gets out of hand. Please book an appointment with Anderson Chiropractic Clinic today for pain relief.