Common Causes of Neck Pain
Neck pain is consistently rated as one of the most frequent causes of pain and disability. Understanding why it occurs, and what's happening in the neck when it does, can help people minimize their risk of developing this common condition in the first place.
The following are a few of the most common mechanisms of neck injury seen by our Sacramento chiropractor:
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Sports accidents (especially collisions experienced during contact sports)
- Auto accidents (especially rear-end impacts)
- Repetitive strain (e.g., sitting at a desk, "text neck")
- Lifting heavy objects
- Poor posture (whether in bed, at your desk, while walking around, etc.)
- Diving into shallow and unknown water
- Snow skiing wipe outs! Ask the doctor about his recent one.
Specific Neck Injuries Which Respond Positively to Chiropractic Care
Whether you woke up with a crick in your neck, if you've recently been involved in a car accident, or have experienced something else entirely, it wouldn't be unheard of for you to be struggling with neck pain, neck stiffness, headaches, shoulder pain, or even arm numbness and tingling. Many of these symptoms occur with a neck injury. Here are a few specific injuries evaluated and treated by our chiropractor in Sacramento:
- Muscle and ligament sprains and strains (micro-tears and inflammation to the fibers in your muscles, tendons, and ligaments)
- Whiplash (damage to the structures within your cervical spine due to violent and forceful bending and extending of the neck, such as what occurs during an auto collision)
- Disc herniation or bulge
- Arthritis (joint inflammation)
- Joint misalignment (also known as subluxations)
- Vertebral bone fractures
- Nerve impingement
Fortunately, these and other underlying injuries tend to respond quite positively to chiropractic care. Our Sacramento chiropractor uses a variety of services and techniques to address the root cause of your pain and dysfunction, which will alleviate your symptoms and prevent your symptoms from returning.
In addition to consulting with a doctor of chiropractic, you can also reduce your risk or experience of neck pain by:
- Wearing a seat belt (always).
- Never drive under the influence of a substance.
- Wearing all the required protective equipment when participating in sports.
- Being aware of your posture when using a computer or smartphone.
Bothered By Neck Pain? Get Non-Invasive & Drug-Free Help from Our Sacramento Chiropractor
Don't let an acute bout of neck pain turn into a chronic problem. If you live in the Arden-Arcade area and are struggling with neck-related issues, call Anderson Chiropractic today. Our Sacramento chiropractor, Dr. Gregg C. Anderson, D.C., is honored to help his patients young and old achieve maximal healing and total body wellness, from head to toe. To schedule your initial appointment and learn about our $79 all-inclusive first visit, contact us at 916-485-5433. Let's see what we can do to help you find relief ASAP.